Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Volcan

The other day we arrived in Volcan at night, unable to see anything. But we were greeted the next morning with beautiful scenery surrounding us. Volcan is at the base of a volcano and is part of the region called the "breadbasket of Panama." So far, we've helped out with the daily chores around the house and are trying to pick up more Spanish. Everyone is really helpful and patient, though. Lynea is picking up a lot for never having studied it in school.

Carlos in the garden, planting corn.
Joy and Yari (who lives with her). They're very kind!
Everyone takes siestas here
Joy let me name her sheep. The sheep is now called Trace. Similar to tres (3) in Spanish. It lost a leg to a dog.
The backyard at Joy's
Volcan is quite stunning when the clouds roll in

The volcano erupted and we ran for our lives!
It's really a cool cloud.

Meet the animals

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you both as I sit in cold rainy-- not snowy Ohio.
    It seems beautiful there. So glad you guys posted so soon!
    I love the quote at the top of your blog too!
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Thanks for commenting! We looooooove that. I'm slowly learning Spanish. i remember being in the Dominican and El Sal. with you guys and being amazed at how you, your mom, and sisters could talk with the people. It's so hard!!! I'm enjoying it though. LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to see a video of you guys singing, "Esta ciudad... es mi ciudad, y yo amor lo, y yo amor lo" which is probably not the proper way to say what I'm trying to say, but use your imagination. I expect the properly conjugated version in your music video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!! missing the Spanish for sure. I still need to learn it. Please keep blogging!! Its nice to see and hear you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete