Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Five days ago Lynea and I celebrated our 4-year anniversary. She said made a delicious beet and bacon soup and we had a picnic on an old airplane runway in our town. As has become our tradition, we reminisced on our relationship throughout the day, looking at old photographs and watching wedding videos. My first mistake as a husband came shortly after the vows as I demolished her face with cake after we agreed not to (I swear it was just a reaction). The second one came about 2 weeks later when I washed all of our laundry...in the same load...new red towels and white dresses and all. Red towels and white dresses make pink dresses (an equation I never learned in math).
While looking through all the pictures, I couldn't help but notice all the great people we've come to know along our short journey. Wish I could send everyone a note saying thanks for being a part of our lives, but if you're reading this you're probably one of those people..so, thank you for enriching our lives. We are very blessed.
And I'm most grateful for Lynea, and for these 4 years of growing, changing, learning, and exploring together. As an old proverb goes:
You who are young, make the most of your youth.
Relish your youthful vigor.
Follow the impulses of your heart. If something looks good to you, pursue it.

May we continue to do that together, and also be surrounded by the kind of people that we've come to know and love these past 4 years.

This was about 6 years ago. Ah, to be young again!

No comments:

Post a Comment