Monday, May 9, 2016

Spring is like fireworks all the time

"...every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food"

Spring is like fireworks all the time. Everywhere you look, things are exploding. Colors are bursting into reality. Perennial plants and flowers are pushing through the soil on a mission to reach the sun. It is intense. It is beautiful.
I've tried to capture it on camera. I don't know how many times I've told people, "Can you believe all this?!" For the first time, I took in spring. Or at least i took it in more than ever.
I remarked to a co-worker that I'd always thought ornamental trees were pointless and that this was the first year I really sat in awe of them. I told him I thought they were pointless if they didn't provide us food. Very self-centered, I know. I told him that I didn't think they were very functional. He replied, that's a problem when people don't think art and beauty are functional. And I think he pretty much nailed it. 
Of course we need food to feed our body, but we also need art and beauty to feed our soul. We need the fireworks of spring.

Our arugula plants providing us with food and beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment