Friday, October 5, 2012

Tent, sweet tent...

After sleeping in the same camper with our friend Dima for 10 days, we decide to reclaim our privacy and move back into the tent. When I lay in the tent looking at the stars and listening to ocean, I try to breathe it in. It's one of those moments you want to appreciate for all it's worth. If I could drink in a moment like a cup of morning coffee, that's what I would do with moments like these.

The view down the driveway. Notice the front porch and the back porch. Imagine a bathroom with no boundaries.

Our former abode. It was cozy.
Before I learned about the process of making yogurt and cheese, the only reference of "whey" that I knew was from the Little Miss Muffet rhyme. While I still don't know what a tuffet is, I am very familiar with whey now. It's the cloudy, yellow liquid on the right of the cheese. It's the by-product, or leftovers, when you strain cheese or yogurt. I used this to make pita bread and pizza dough. You can substitute whey for all kinds of stuff and it's really healthy too. I say, "Whey cool!"


Edgar is a 16 year old kid who helps on the farm. He brings the Mexican flare to the mostly gringo influence. He dropped out of school and struggles with certain subjects. Lynea has been tutoring him in her awesome way.

Me and Dima doing our nightly stretches. I guess Lynea thought it was amusing.

Day off = beach day. We've got it all to ourselves. Did I mention we're really secluded?


Cows are grazers. They eat grass. Goats are browsers. They like to eat leaves and other hard to reach greens. We see them doing all kinds of gymnastics to get to what they want, and sometimes they even climb trees.

A miniature lion likes to bring all kinds of stuff on the porch.

The solar panels that give us most of the power we need.
When we learned that walking the dogs entailed driving a 4-wheeler through a spectacular desert path, we said yes!

We have seriously been working and sweating hard! But our day off is really nice (still have to milk the goats in the morning and at night on the day off. something to consider if you're thinking about having an animal to milk.)

Welcome to our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment