Saturday, March 17, 2012

a home, new pet, and salmon.

This is a family from church. Left to Right: Shaina 16, Emmanuel 18, Chaneth (mom), Cleo (dad), Isaac 14, and the little ones Anadili 4, Kyliler 6. We have become great friends with the parents and the two oldest. Cleo owns a gift shop in the market selling jewelry, hammocks, trinkets, clothes, etc.

Last Friday Kyle and I spent 2 days in the city. We walked around Old Town found some cool looking buildings and a great little café. The food was creatively unique. We ordered smoked salmon with goat cheese and pesto on flat bread, thai red curry soup and a grilled vegetable with goat cheese on foccacia bread. It was wonderful. We sat and talked about our goals while in El Valle, while in Panama, and for 2012. A perfect date.



As a side note, we had to go back to the city yesterday for another dentist appointment (I have to go 4 weeks in a row to the dentist to fix a bad root canal job). Since I went through so much trauma at the dentist (I’m a weenie). I treated myself to a butterfinger blizzard from DQ. (Mom I can hear you “tsk”ing and “oh”ing.) It was wonderful. Haven’t had that in quite awhile. I figure, if I’m going to take advil for my tooth pain, I may as well eat some dairy and enjoy myself!!!!!

Last week a group of college students from Patrick’s school, Un. Of Tenn. Chattanooga, came down to help build a house and do VBS programs for the kids in out town. Our kids loved the skits and songs they sang. And he house is coming along great. The man on the right in the blue shirt is Cruz. He is the man we are building the house for. He has a home now, but the property he lives on is being sold which means he has to move.




Gio is about 20 months. His parents, Rachel and Giovanni, have become good friends.




A friend of ours found a baby 3 toes sloth with no mamma in her tree. Of course Lisa has a knack for taking in random wildlife, so now we have a pet baby sloth to add to Luna the monkey. Can you guess what I named it? SID of course. It’s a girl so we decided Sidney…but mostly just Sid. I don’t know if Lisa really likes it, and she can name it whatever she wants since it’s hers. But, for now I will enjoy having, “Schid the Schloth” to play with. Isn’t she so cute?

5 comments:

  1. benefit of having a root canal instead of removing the tooth is keeping your own natural tooth. Removing a tooth (as was previously the custom) means continued pain and possibly dentures. With modern advances, patients need not fear pain when receiving a root canal

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is that, saving sid! sounds like a good movie title! :) Very cool to see your adventures and am just a little excited Kyle is holding a sloth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, mom was“tsk”ing and “oh”ing.
    You know me well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I tell you how jealous I am that you have a sloth. I think they are one of the coolest animals in the world. Do you remember trying to even see one in costa? Yeah, well I do. And I didn't even get to see one, now you have one. Me = jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT SLOTH WAS SO CUTE I CAN HARDLY STAND IT!!!

    ReplyDelete